Sunday, October 2, 2011

"On the road again"

Good ole Willie! I love that song and it is SO appropriate for us! I think I told you all that Alan made us a CD that we play as we are leaving a site. The first one is "Magic Bus" and the last is "On the Road again".
We left Camptonville around 10:30AM with only the usual problems.....for some reason, the reefer does this defrost thing and that left us with water coming out going around curves.....no prob....Alan put a towel down. One of the little filters for the vent for the stove went flying off to the floor, Alan lost his glasses, finally found the phone, etc. The first hour is always interesting with both of us listening for odd sounds and Alan jumping up to fix whatever is going on. Our newly restrung blinds want to slide down, so we will have to clamp them as we drive...sure don't want the expense of that again!!
It was hard for me to leave. Jessi and little John Henry were out to wave at us as we passed the nursery and that  was so sweet and touched my heart.....thanks, Jess! :0) I fought back tears for the first few hours. I will dearly miss my friends and family. I know that we would have lost the house anyway, I know all that. I sometimes wish, tho, that we could have found a way. We tried everything, too. ...well, short of robbing a bank! 
But then, we get on the road and I am excited to see new places and experience new things. With this lifestyle, we can do just that! And Lisa loves it, too! And I remember how the yard work and housework was so hard for me and made my Fibromyalgia flare up big time.
Today, we will take the car and go to San Jose (a little more than an hour away) for a family BBQ. This is on Alan's first wife's family side. And it's great because we don't get to see them often, but I feel shy around people I don't know. That's why I don't really like to go to parties.  We will have to leave Irie (the Queen bitch...in so many ways!! LOL) here. I sure hope she doesn't bark a lot. More later....

1 comment:

  1. Well, you know what they say, you want to hear laughter, tell God your plans!! It is what it is. The way I look at it, watch out America, the Three Gypsees are on the roll again!!!

    ReplyDelete