Sunday, September 25, 2011

5 days

And a wake up and we are out of here! These final 2 weeks have been about finishing up the last of doc/dental appointments and visiting friends. Irie, the dog, goes in for her dental on Thursday...sure hope her breath smells better! :0)  Now, we need to get things put away in a secure fashion......we've been in one spot so long things have gotten pulled out and not put away. Something was rolling back and forth the last trip (for the radio) and that's no good.
We got the new Sirius radio put in this week and that will be nice.As you may recall, we were down to my iPod and the inverter on our way here. We really love having music while we travel.
Really looking forward to seeing my baby brother and his family in the spring and before that, we'll see Sean (Alan's youngest) and his family in Texas. Bummed I never saw my other brother and his wife. I was really hoping to introduce my wonderful almost daughter in law to them. Next year, I think we'll camp in front of their house!!
Irie is so funny!! There are two yellow labs that drag their owners thru the park two times a day. The people in this park are mostly all upwards of 75 or so. It's often funny to watch them out there. The one couple just got a lab puppy, too! The old guy walks with a walking stick and we have seen the dogs pull right out of his hands. Thank God, he knows to let go or he'd go down for sure! Anyway, back to Irie.....she "knows" when those labs go by. She's kind of a bitchy dog by nature, but she growls the whole time! When we first got here, she wanted to say hi to the adult lab, but when it got close and towered over her, I think it scared her. And it's a shame, cuz, you know labs, they are usually really friendly and they could have had fun. I did take Irie up to the house to see Monty (our old DobieX) and they had a ball running full speed around the house! The running is what Irie misses...she just can't here in the park and so, like the rest of us, she's gaining weight.
I have found we have eaten out a lot, seeing friends or the rig is being worked on. But we have all gained or not lost any weight. I have us all on Weight Watchers and I haven't gained back the nearly 20#s I lost, but I sure haven't lost any either!! Once back out on the road, I think it will be easier. No one to blame but ourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment