Friday, October 21, 2011

Silver City, New Mexico



Took off for the day to check out a town about 50 miles away. Interesting place. Small artsy shops, a cabin that Billy the Kid lived in and then the most amazing restaurant. Very upscale, but without the upscale prices. I had a Chicken Penne and a glass of red that were both just topnotch! I really enjoyed the place! There was a really quaint and obviously old hotel called the Palace Hotel.....the shot is their lobby.
Lisa was pretty pooped coming home, so she took a nap (see pic). LOL! I guess the sun was in her eyes! Once we got back to the RV park and mentioned going swimming she perked right up. That girl was a mermaid in a previous life, I swear! She likes to let the pool water go in her mouth which definitely grosses me out, but I keep telling her to close her mouth. Hopefully, before she gets sick from it, she will get the hang of it. The park backs up to I-10, so we have that noise at night, plus 3-4 times a night a train goes by, sounding it's whistle!! Egads! You can even feel the vibration in your butt as they go by!! Hopefully, on Monday, they will have a quieter place for us to stay. I would like to stay in the RV, but I'm not sure that will be possible, especially if they have to remove the entire slide! I just am REALLY not looking forward to sleeping with Lisa in the same room (at a hotel). It would actually be quieter in the Magic Bus because we have 2 doors we can close to drown out her snoring.
With the pool and the people we have met, the park is just fine. It's a gravel lot and not all that pretty, but the social end of it is great! We went to an ice cream social last night. $1.50 bought a bowl of ice cream with caramel or chocolate or strawberry toppings and they had homemade peanut butter cookies that were outstanding. So, we'll spend the weekend here and then we'll take the Magic Bus to Las Cruces on Monday. Hoping we don't get a ticket because of that damn slide.....with it extended out maybe 6" it puts us over the legal limit (on width) by that very 6"! The limit is 102" wide. Keep your fingers crossed!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I was told that as long as the slide does not block the mirror, it is fine to drive it...we'll see. If a cop stops me I will argue until I am blue in the face!!

    ReplyDelete