Thursday, October 6, 2011

Insomnia SUCKS!

1:00 AM, no sleep in the near future, that's for sure! One of the delightful parts of having Fibromyalgia, I guess. I know what it is (I'm pretty sure)....the weather. The barometric pressure really influences me and my pain. Well, at least I'll get you caught up!
Yesterday started out as pretty ok weather wise. I will post the pics later, but Lisa went swimming in the pool here at the KOA in Yermo.....wasn't super warm and she didn't linger long, but she got in! That kid just loves to swim! I got the laundry done at their laundromat, too, so that was good. She also had a blast on the swings....she kept yelling "higher,higher" as I pushed her with all my might! Just time left for a shower  for her.....trying to get everything done before the rains. The showers are interesting. It's a small little room with a locking door. 2 tokens (which came with the site) gets you 12 minutes of a nice, hot shower.
Then, the storm hit! Started out with just ferocious winds, then some fairly heavy rains. The park lost power 3 different times. We have this giant surge protector that we waffled on buying because of the cost (over $300.00), but I am SO glad we did! It has saved us at least 5 times that I can think of. The last thing we need is a fried coach!! And the water didn't "sit"..it just soaked into the gravel, so there wasn't the usual leaves and mud tracked in....sweet!! That made me happy!!
Windy, but warm days are a problem here. It's in the middle of the Mojave desert, so it's dusty as all get out. With our windows open, it resulted in a fine dust all over the coach!! Shit!! Once the rains hit, of course, the dust problem was gone. And now, it feels pretty cold to me.











When we first got here, I took Irie to the "Pet Walk" and turned her loose. She ran for a solid 5 minutes, circling me in wider and wider laps. She's great about coming to me, as long as there are no other distractions, that is! :0) The last time we were here, it was all cactus out there and I didn't let her near it, but this time, they had cleared it down to sand.....much better!! The picture of the roof top should have been a mental warning to me of the fierce winds that can come up here....that was sitting 300' from the nearest anything! And the bug? We used to call them Stink Bugs, but I'm not sure if that is the real name. They are kinda like the skunk of the insect world and you can see it was close to spraying me, but he was the biggest I have ever seen! Just had to get a shot of him! The teepee was pretty cool. It sat on a wooden flooring and had cots inside....fairly large in size, too.....LOTS larger than the teepee David lived in, for sure.
We are off to Blythe, Ca tomorrow....a fairly short drive, so, being the morning driver, I'll probably do it all. Alan enjoys kicking back and watching the scenery go by and I just love to drive our Magic Coach!

No comments:

Post a Comment