Friday, October 7, 2011

Blythe, CA

Ok, driving along thru the desert and suddenly, WE LOST POWER!!! NOT again!! I just wanted to cry! I suggested we try the "secret code buster" and we were off.....made it to Blythe with just one more unscheduled  stop, but it took a toll on us and our mood. We decided to stay 2 nights instead of ,one, mostly I think, because we couldn't stand the idea of doing it again the next day. It's  SO nerve wracking. I just HATE not being sure you will get somewhere and I REALLY don't like the idea of being stuck in the desert.
I like this park, but Alan doesn't. There is barely a signal for his TV and internet and that makes him grumpy!! I can do without (definitely the TV!).....they are just huge babysitters and mostly a waste of my time. Anyway, they have a great dog park next to the Colorado River...all enclosed and safe for the dogs. The river is still running fairly swiftly, too. Lisa even got into it in the park yesterday.
And, today, we took her to the pool which she always loves! I am getting more worried about her Alzheimers. She sure forgets things she used to have down. Maybe her hearing is bad? She often doesn't hear  us talk to her and, during those times, seems to be staring off into space. I just hate this.....every little thing is a reminder to me that we will lose her. It's an icepick to the heart for me and WAY to much like my grief for David, my son.








 Last night, Alan took a shower here at the park, and I was gonna go next (someone has to always be here with Lisa), but he said they were barely warm. Forget THAT! So, I took mine in our little shower where I knew my water would be hot. I use this little net thingy for my washcloth lathered it up with soap and was just about to go to the "good parts" when  something stung or bit me! It hurt like hell!! I found the offending critter and squished him, telling him exactly where he and his little stinger/teeth could go!! Man! My finger stung for a good 10 minutes! I think I'm gonna live, though I still have a wound on my finger! SO glad he got my finger and not "elsewhere"!! LOL!!

Tomorrow, we are off for Camping World in Mesa, Arizona. This is where we bought the Magic Bus. We are thinking it may have been funky gas, but we'll have them check it on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment