Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Inverter?????

For the longest time, we didn't really "get" what it did! So, here is a crash course for you all....an inverter is charged by a trickle charge from our solar panel and is also charged by the house battery and coach batteries. It "inverts" from 12V electricity to regular. The generator can also charge the house battery. The coach batteries charge the generator and the house battery. Confused yet?? LOL!! The bottom line is that I can go to the panel and turn on my inverter. Then, I plug in my crockpot full of yummy, but raw food. Then we drive 200 miles or so, get to our spot and set up being sure to turn off that inverter. Viola`!! Dinner is ready!! I put the crockpot in the sink just in case of a sudden stop or sharp curve and it worked just great!!




We went to the old Montana State prison today and walked around. Man, that is enough to make you want to stay out of jail...talk about primative!!! There also was a nice car show, too. Some car camping that made me feel like a queen in the Magic Bus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment