Friday, November 11, 2011

Truth or Consequences

Believe it or not, there is a town with this name!! Can you imagine filling out forms?? You'd have to ask if you could write on the back!! LOL!!
Yesterday, we went to this little town, for something to do. Had lunch in what seemed like the only restaurant in town...a place called Hot Chili. Now, you'd think with a name like that I would "get" that the food would be plenty hot! I ordered a chicken enchilada with green sauce.....normally not hot....I couldn't eat it!! I was downing beer like crazy and it didn't help at all!! Alan and Lisa had tacos and Alan said it wasn't hot at all...go figure!! We drove past Elephant Butte (but, being the sick people we are, called it Elephant Butt!!) Lake. Pretty ugly....I like my lakes to have trees around them and this was surrounded by desert. We opted not to pay the fee to go in and then drove on to the Veteran's Memorial and Museum. All kinds of memorabilia inside and a scaled down wall of the Vietnam Vets Wall. We found Alan's friend from high school there just like we did in Washington, DC.....very touching.



Today, the park is having a potluck  BBQ. We have already seen "Uncle Sam" walking around on stilts....Lisa should love that!! Taking my Baked Beans over...

No comments:

Post a Comment