Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Roswell, New Mexico

Well, we just had to get out of this RV, so off we went! 185 miles each way and I can't really say it was worth it! LOL! It was fairly cheesy...stuffed "aliens", aluminum foil "space ships".....lots of old newspaper clippings and "it could be's"..... we thought we might find a fun restaurant, but no....there was nothing there but a few touristy tee shirt type shops and a regular old town. They probably would rather people forgot about the whole thing! Don't get me wrong...I'm not convinced either way....just saying their "presentation" in the "museum" was weak. Still......as I said, it was something to do!!
Here, in Las Cruces, I am getting very familiar with locations of stores, freeways,etc! I got some new sheets for us @ Penneys and now I'm kicking myself because it was a great sale (60% off) and I should have gotten some for Lisa even though we don't have her bed yet! Sucks that we have to buy all new furniture, but there it is. I have actually had some fun checking out stuff for whatever house we end up in.....hey! it's something to do!! ;0) There are some things that both Alan and I wish we hadn't gotten rid of, too. Life can be so interesting sometimes....





Our custom made part for the RV should have been ordered last week. Alan is gonna go by today to be sure that actually happened. This waiting stuff is a bitch!! I have been looking online at houses for rent on various websites and in the paper, but there really isn't a ton I can do from here except look. Once we get closer, I am thinking of flying home and staying a week or so to find something and at least get a couple of beds in so we can sleep, then flying back here. I am imagining selling the not so Magic Bus, renting a small trailer, loading up and driving to our new house in Nevada County. That's my plan....now let's see what the Universe thinks..........

1 comment:

  1. Boy do I have some catching up to do... selling the Magic Bus and having a non-moving home? Sorry you guys have had such a time of it - and I agree waiting SUCKS!! I have a box of leathers that I haven't even had a chance to use - we are even thinking we will need to sell our scoots (haven't riden in over a year)- so when you guys gets settled and if you want them back - just let me know... I know there are some good memories there! Hugs to the three of you...

    ReplyDelete