Thursday, November 3, 2011

Down Day

We took the Magic Bus over to the repair guys early this AM, dropped it off and went to Starbucks for coffee for me and drinks for Alan and Lisa. We had just arrived when Lisa started complaining about her stomach hurting. The look on her face had my Mommy antennae really screaming at me...I just knew she was gonna throw up! Sure enough, I barely got her out of the truck in time!
She said she felt good afterwards, so I thought maybe it was taking her vitamins and meds on an empty tummy. WRONG!! She took 2 bites of her artisan sandwich and covered her mouth! We dashed across the entire length of Starbucks and just barely made it! People were actually jumping out of our way!! LOL!! That's it....we were outa there.....we figured Alan could drop us off at the RV park we are staying in and we could stay in the clubhouse. He was gonna go check on tires for the truck and a few other errands, but, first, he had to stop at the RV and get the checkbook. While there, they told him they couldn't do a thing because they need to order MORE parts!!! So, Alan came back to talk with me. (Luckily, the place is only 2 miles away).
Since Alan left the first time, I had hauled Lisa's stuff plus the computer, my book, Irie and her leash and poor Miss Lisa up the steps (and past the sign that read "NO pets past this point"!!!) and onto the deck. I knew I couldn't take them into the actual clubhouse, but I needed to have a place to park Irie and close to the bathrooms for Lisa. We no sooner sat down when the manager comes along....."Uh ma'am?" CRAP! So, as nicely as I could, I explained our situation and that we had no RV to have Lisa in, etc. Luckily, Irie wasn't growling at him, either. "Well, ok, he says, "let's get your daughter somewhere better" and took us to a second clubhouse, got the heat turned on (it was 39 this AM), got a TV going with cartoons on for Lisa, even offered to make me some coffee! He told me if anyone gave me a bad time to just tell them to "go talk with Frank"!!
Ok, Lisa is happy, so I dash Irie out to the lawn...she was kinda crossing her legs and looking at me like "I REALLY gotta go!" Off to the lawn we go, after showing Lisa where the bathroom was.....Irie has to have that PERFECT blade of grass to pee on, so we walked around a bit, but she did her thing. Back to the clubhouse....Lisa is fine, so I start setting up the computer. While I'm doing this, I'm getting a definite whiff of shit. I know I'm looking at Lisa like "oh no! diarrhea?? what??". I stood up to kinda smell around her and noticed my bare toes felt cold and damp...I look down.....OMG!!!! my right foot has dog shit all over it!!!!!!!!!! I just couldn't believe it!!! What next???? All of a sudden, I started to laugh and I laughed and laughed so hard I was crying! It felt so good! Got my shitty foot and sandal cleaned up, Lisa to the bathroom (false alarm) and back to setting up the computer.....that's when Alan came in saying they needed more parts and we might as well go get the RV.....put everything away and Lisa and Irie back to the car while he went to pay for several more days here.
We now have retrieved the RV, got set up, Lisa is still throwing up (after 2 soda crackers and 7 Up) so I guess they'll be no dinner for her. I made a Beef Daube Provencal that smells yummy!! Time to open the wine!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi - Oh my goodness - what next!!!! I hope Lisa feels better and that you all don't have the flu.
    I pray that your Magic Bus issues end now!!!
    Be safe- love you Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting to the point that if we did not have bad luck, then we would have no luck at all!!

    ReplyDelete