Tuesday, March 22, 2011

We are driving the RV!!!!




We were out with the Rv inspector taking the test drive, it was raining and suddenly, the guy pulls over and says to Alan "Ok, your turn!" Alan gave me a look that clearly said "Oh shit!" He did so great!! We even had major construction to go thru and he was GREAT!!! I have driven it twice in the lot and it is really fun!! Bigger than the school bus I used to drive....but we'll get used to it.
We had to be gone yesterday so they could work on it and when we got it back to our place, dumped the air and put out the slides, we thought all was well.....til I passed the monitor panel!! No green lights where there should be green lights! We worked it out tho and Alan found that the main switch had been thrown on the electric panel outside. voila!! The green lights appeared!to
We still have a few repairs here in Az, but are hoping to leave maybe Friday or Saturday to toodle on up to CVille. We aren't in a huge hurry....just called Jessi...it's still snowing up there and we are in NO hurry  to high center the truck again!!!
Lisa is doing pretty well. She doesn't like it when her normal day changes, but she is trying hard to adapt. She's sleeping well (snoring like crazy) and eating a lot.....no worries there! LOL! She loves when we can get to a pool (like the week we spent in the hotel) and is really enjoying being warm!! It's gorgeous today......74  maybe, and sunshine!
Irie, is slowly adapting. There is a cougar PAINTED on the 5th wheel next to us that she is convinced is gonna kill us all! It's so funny....she gets low, pins her ears back and growls that deep "I mean it" growl.....hysterical! Once we find the camera, we'll get a pic of it!
Now, the funniest story (at least it had me laughing out loud) Alan is in the "loo" (and was hesitating to go since our black tank is nearly full) and doing his business. All of a sudden I hear "The stuff won't go down!!!!!!!!!" Keep in mind, we have to use minimal water and here he is in a very tiny bathroom and nothing is happening! ....I started laughing and I couldn't stop......the picture in my head was so funny.
 Just as I am getting my laughing under control , I hear this loud BANG and he goes "Ow" With that, I completely lost it! You know that laughing  where you can't stop?! Alan, at first, saw no humor in this at all, but then realized this is just one of our firsts to deal with as genuine dorks!
We are off to the other Camping World to kill some time and then maybe get some groceries....
We love you and miss you in our journey!

2 comments:

  1. HOT DIGGITY!! You guys are doing it!! SO excited for you guys. We got our first load and are heading to VA... so will need to meet somewhere in the middle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My God, Carol ... Kevin and I laughed out loud about "The Alan Bathroom Story!" Sorry, Alan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete