Thursday, March 31, 2011

Mojave Desert



Ok, it's March and nearly 100! Some wildflowers along the road with lots of cactus. I drove the first maybe 70 miles in a nasty wind. A little scary, but I did fine. We have a braking system for the truck we tow and it apparently slipped forward on the mat, because, all of a sudden my 40' coach and another 15' of toad was braking and the engine light came on.....we were in NO where's ville! I pulled over (barely getting off the road) and Alan very quickly had it all figured out. We were back on the road in no time, stopping in Needles to make some lunch and get ready for our trek thru the desert.
I can NOT figure out why people live out there.... I am NOT a desert fan.
We are staying at another KOA and were looking forward to letting Irie run in their dog park....NOT!! It is just open desert......snakes, tarantulas, cactus and the like...

No comments:

Post a Comment