Saturday, January 29, 2011

Came home and cried....

Our wonderful friends threw us a "going away and thanks for your service to Camptonville" party tonight. Mike made his amazing all day speghetti sauce. A nice salad and a glass of wine to top it all off. There were toasts and roasts, card and plaques presented, a nice laminated Atlas, so we can find our way home. We were very touched to see all the people come out on a rainy night for us. I held it together pretty well thru all the hugs and "we'll miss yous", but then I came home and cried. I have never ever lived in such a loving town. People smile and wave at you even when they barely know you...it's just the neighborly thing....and going to Lost Nugget (the local little store) takes you twice as long because there are so many people to talk to....I will dearly miss all of this. Thank you, Camptonville, I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment