Saturday, July 23, 2011

Blinds

OK, some two months ago now, two of our day/night blinds broke. There are strings that weave thru them and down to a tensioner and the strings are what broke. "ok", I  thought, "I can do this". I ordered some string, bought some gnarly needles and downloaded the "how to" off the internet. And that's when the doubt started! LOL! It took me a month to get up the gumption just to take one down. And then it sat and sat and.......sat. I just couldn't make myself start.
Then, one day, sitting here and looking at them, I thought, "WTH?? They are already broken! So what if I can't do it? I can't make it worse!" So, I got out the stuff and just started. You have to remove side caps and then the string. I cut two very long strings and then re wove the new string criscrossing them in the middle and then down the other side. Next is to re mount them and set the tension. Man, I hope this works!!

No comments:

Post a Comment