Tuesday, June 7, 2011

BREAKDOWN!!!





The day started off great! Alan found a dime in a parking lot. But we only made 30 miles before I literally had no power at all and the oil pressure gauge read zero. The Magic Bus acted up a bit with the oil gauge reading zero, so I pulled over and we waited. Alan checked the oil and it was low, so he added some. I started her up and the pressure was right back where it should be, so off we went....got about another 2 miles and I had no power, so I pulled over again. This time, we called Coach net and they sent a flatbed truck out within 30 minutes! Alan actually was steering the Bus backwards up the flatbed.We were only about 30 feet from entering Arizona.....so close I got a pic of the sign!! LOL!! And we got lucky! There was a diesel repair place only a mile back! They think it's an electrical/computer problem.
I don't know why, but the sight of the Magic Bus being pulled up ass first onto this flatbed truck made me want to cry. I know she can be fixed and we will soon be on our way again, but she is all we have in the world.....she has really become our home. A sometimes way too small, sometimes way too big home for us.
So.......tonight we are in a Best Western in Kanab, Utah. Lisa got to swim in the pool and we had a bottle of wine to share. Tomorrow, we'll go back and, hopefully shortly, be on our way.  Alan adds: Not totally happy with the repair shop. Very little communication with us about what was going on. Workers seemed to be spending a lot of time in the office talking about other things than work. They are a busy shop, but you would think that they would make an effort to get us back on the road knowing that we are full time RV'ers. At least if I owned the place, that would be my thought. The locals could wait a bit in order to help a stranger out a little. Patience is not one of my strongest points, so starting today, will be asking constant questions about what is going on and when the RV will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment