Friday, June 3, 2011

Beaver, Utah

We are staying in a KOA here......it's OK, I guess. I like the parks that have grass, but this one is all gravel. Not too inviting to be outside. Got here yesterday and did a little laundry. Today we went to see Bryce Canyon. Oh my stars!! It is SO SO beautiful!!! We spent all afternoon on about 20 miles on the rim...jumping in and out of the car at viewpoints. Lisa was in charge of the binoculars and she took her job very seriously. She had the strap around her neck and held it firmly in her little hands. There are ravens around and I was lucky enough to actually touch one. He was such an ebony, shiny black and very aware of me, but not frightened at all.
At one vista area, Alan called Kris so I could talk to him from 9300 feet. A few years ago, Kris, David and Jack climbed Mt. Whitney and at the top, they actually called me! This is the closest thing I could do and it was kinda funny because I caught Kris in Target! I so wish he had been with us to see what we were seeing!













Tomorrow, we have a short day travel wise, so we will take our time getting out of here (hopefully, I can sleep til maybe 8!! That would be awesome.) Today was an early day as Alan noticed we had no power...then found that the entire park was out. It's ok now...guess they fixed it while we were gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment