Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Nearly there

Well, let's see...the right part came in and while Alan handled the RV end, I handled the house end.....both of us experiencing problems. Once the first slide was fixed, the repair guys ran out the other slides and had to adjust another one! Then, one of the compartment doors had a problem with broken locks...got that fixed. Then our brand new electric connection cord wouldn't go back in... Alan explained that to the guy buying it and he said to leave it. I guess they are gonna fix the ripped up carpeting, too. Alan weathered 15 degree weather and no heat, propane running out, snow and dealing with Lisa and Irie....no small task.
I flew out to CA on the 5th and didn't get back til the 18th. In the last 5 days, I found a nice house for us, but not til I saw some 28 houses...most of them so awful I wouldn't have put my dog in them. One even had raw sewage in the yard and decks you could easily fall thru! It was so hard to keep looking and looking. Thanks to all that helped me (and my family)...from the loan of a car for 11 days, to staying at friends' homes.....thank you from the bottom of my heart!! You KNOW you are beyond special to me!!
We have been on the road in the truck for 2 days now and have 2 more to go before we are home. We sold the RV and had a contract, but had to leave before the money was in our account...talk about nerve wracking!!  It is there now, so the sale is complete. I had to leave Nevada County before I had a key and a lease.....they want to have Alan there to sign it also...again...no key= nerve wracking!!!
We will be there Friday with our little UHaul, sign the lease, take delivery of Lisa's bed, our friends Kim and Julie are loaning us a bed for us and are also bringing a nice table and chairs, a big comfy chair, the sheets and blankets I bought and probably stuff I've forgotten, too! So, it is all coming together nicely.
We are in Needles, Ca and it was sure nice to know I was back in the right state! We really need to be home....this is the first day in 3 that Lisa has not had a seizure. I am always watching her for any sign of impending seizures....(she gets this certain look on her face) and then just crumples to the ground if I don't catch her in time....that takes it out of me, for sure. Then, when she does, I have to support her dead weight of 130#....not easy for this fibromyalgic bod of mine....I pay the price for days. Obviously, she needs her doctor. We've "upped" her meds yet again and I am hoping this helps smooth things out for her. She never, ever complains, but I can tell the whole thing scares the hell out of her and it would me too!! She is such a trooper!
Tomorrow, we will end our day in Fresno...it will be another looong day, but we HAVE to be home the 23rd around noon to meet our landlords and sign the necessary paperwork.

1 comment:

  1. Almost there! We should be in West Sac on the 23rd ourselves... We'll be thinking about you guys, and we still need to get together...

    ReplyDelete